2017 Bank Associate (Leadership Development Program)-1600604
The Bank Associate (BA) participates in a structured, rotational learning program about Bank of Hawaii’s organization, culture and philosophy to best prepare them for future opportunities in one of several Divisions within the Bank. In this position, the Bank Associate will adhere to compliance with regulatory requirements, as well as Bank policies and procedures, related to Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. This position is responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors. The program runs for approximately 6 months (July to December) where the Bank Associate is assigned a mentor for guidance, feedback and coaching throughout the program. The Bank Associate participates in the following activities:
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Works in various departments/operations within his/her designated business/group and/or in areas other than assigned in order to gain an in-depth understanding of the assigned business/group.
- Through exposure to different areas and roles within and outside of the respective division, the Bank Associate learns how these areas and roles work together to execute strategy and perform successfully.
- Participates in various program requirements, rotations and/or additional developmental and skill building opportunities.
- Develops “value-based” proposals for presentation to senior management and participates in individual as well as group projects including, but not limited to planning, presenting and executing BA events.
- Participates in company sponsored/initiated projects and community-related activities, which may include the employee giving campaign and others.
Continuous career development
- Participates in a balanced program of classroom and on-the-job- training with the objective of learning Bank of Hawaii’s unique approach (e.g. Mission, Value-Based Management, products and services, brand, and policies) to acquire business skills, project management skills, people skills, and participate in change management, cultural business protocol, sales training, team dynamics and other business courses.
Learn more about Bank of Hawaii
- Participates in a specialized orientation process, which introduces new employees to an overview of Bank of Hawaii’s organization, history, governing objectives, policies, service standards and benefits.
- Provides information on the Bank Associate programs’ background, structure, performance expectations, and development planning.
- Networks with key players such as assigned mentors and senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree (any major with preference for basic Accounting, Finance, and Business majors) from an accredited college or university, to include course work in Accounting (Financial Accounting) or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated PC skills (e.g., word-processing, and spreadsheets, database management, presentation/graphics software, internet, e-mail).
Other Job Qualifications
- Proven record of accomplishment; results-oriented
- Has a successful record of academic achievement, and on-campus involvement
- Demonstrated professionalism
- Economic/industry knowledge
- Possesses excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Exhibits analytical skills & critical thinking
- Exhibits leadership capabilities
- Possesses strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Possesses the ability to sell/influence and thrive in a sales environment
- Demonstrated self- motivation with high level of initiative
- Customer-focused orientation to providing services
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function Branches
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Jan 24, 2017, 9:39:33 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing