Loan Coordinator- Mortgage Banking-1600685
Position Overview: Under the supervision of the Mortgage Banking Operations Processing Manager, this position is responsible for coordinating all applicable residential loan documentation to complete a residential loan transaction pursuant to guidelines as set forth by Bank of Hawaii and secondary marketing investor requirements, from application to submission to underwriter for final approval. Ensures processing of loans within specified timeframes. Assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. In addition, this position is responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors.
• Gathers and reviews all income, asset, credit, title, property information and disclosures in a residential loan transaction for all loans including: Validates the information on the loan application and findings of the respective underwriting engine, pursuant to the bank and secondary requirements. Reviews all loan information, including, but not limited to credit reports, appraisal reports, tax returns, financial statements, income and asset documentation. Calculates all income being used to qualify.
• Processes documents pursuant to investor, bank and regulatory guidelines. Ensures the integrity and consistency of data in the loan file and on the loan origination/processing system.
• Maintains productivity and quality of service standards, as established by Management, with respect to the approval of loans, including but not limited to submission of loan to underwriter for approval within specified timeframes, from the receipt of Intent to Proceed signed by the borrower for initial credit approval to final approval, pursuant to standards set forth by Management. Validates all point of sale income and asset documents with the information on 1003 and automated underwriting findings. Ability to process and manage a pipeline of 50 files. Ability to meet processing turn times for closing dates on Purchase transaction as set forth by the Deposit Receipt Offer and Acceptance (DROA) and specified lock expiration dates for all loans.
• Maintains a high level of customer service by being proactive and communicating effectively with borrowers, Loan Officers, Underwriters, external and internal customers, which includes other division employees, including Management. Completes Welcome calls and Follow-up calls with borrowers throughout the process of the loan.
• Develops and maintains effective pipeline management to meet processing turn times and transaction deadlines. Reviews and utilizes processor daily pipeline report to prioritize workload.
• Obtains and maintains thorough product knowledge with respect to the Bank and Secondary marketing guidelines and compliance regulations. This includes, however, is not limited to Fair Lending, Reg B (ECOA), Reg C (HMDA), Reg Z (TIL), Reg X and RESPA, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and the USA Patriot Act. Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned.
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT: Registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry. If not yet registered, registration to be completed and accepted no later than 30 days from employment or transfer date. If not registered and accepted, employment may be terminated.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Minimum 2-4 years mortgage or credit lending background. Working knowledge of conventional and/or government guidelines and familiarity with automated underwriting system (DU, LPS, etc.) required.
Technical Skills: This position requires use of a personal computer and other standard office equipment (typewriter, fax, copier, calculator and telephone). Personal computer skills must include proficiency in Microsoft Office, including, but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of Mortgage Origination Software Systems preferred. Must have proficient keyboarding skills with minimal errors.
Other Job Qualifications: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Self-motivated and highly organized. Ability to work effectively and prioritize workload and multi-task to meet deadlines. Must have the flexibility to work evenings and extended hours during heavy workload periods. Must be able to lift, carry 30-40 pounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function Bank Operations
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Aug 26, 2016, 6:23:59 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing